BY Apr 25, 2018 Articles
Training inspection officers at Likoni Industrial Area Base.
We trained them on the following;
- Basic description of the Kit Kit digital speed governor
- How the speed governor operates
- Types of vehicles that use the Kit Kit speed governor
- Installation instructions
- Calibration instructions
- Speed recording device and brief description
- Speed recording device and installation
- Access guide to the recording device
- Profile reports generated by the recording device i.e summary history report and how to generate reports.
We learnt that the following parts of a commercial vehicles are inspected during an inspection:
- Speed limiter;
- Fire extinguisher;
- Headache rack;
- Load securement device;
- Under ride protection devices;
- Retro reflective markings.
- brakes (if so equipped);
- coupling devices and towing connections;
- frame and cross members;
- glazing (if so equipped);
- landing gear (if so equipped);
- reflective markings;
- load securement devices;
- Under ride protection devices.